DIRECTOR OF CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Root Cause, a national nonprofit, has led the CQI work for the past two years in partnership with Ready Ready and the local community. A key part of this work has been coaching 13 Guilford County early childhood programs (the first CQI Cohort) to strengthen their capacity to collect, analyze, and use data to provide higher quality services to improve outcomes for families. All CQI activities will transfer to Ready for School, Ready for Life in the fall of 2020, including the selection and coaching of a 2nd cohort of programs.
Ready Ready is seeking to hire a Director of Continuous Quality Improvement to lead the implementation of all future CQI activities.
The Director will possess:
- A passion for supporting children and families and for Ready Ready’s mission
- A commitment to equity and engaging family voice
- Able to genuinely connect with people of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Proactive, with the ability to anticipate and plan for multidimensional challenges involving many organizations, processes, cultures, and technologies
- Adaptive, with the ability to pivot on multiple projects when needed and to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving organization
The Director will be housed within Ready for School, Ready for Life and will provide regular updates to
the organization’s CEO.
Serving as a member of the Ready Ready Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO, the CQI Director will:
- Lead planning and implementation of all CQI work, including coaching a second CQI cohort
- Design coaching strategy for the second CQI cohort, building upon practices and resources developed for the first cohort
- Oversee and/or lead the planning, development, and implementation of complementary CQI workstreams including cohort selection, community-wide culture-building, internal evaluation, and CQI stakeholder group facilitation.
- Work with the Ready Ready team to align and integrate CQI activities with other Initiative strategies and priorities
- Lead and drive work forward for relevant CQI stakeholder groups, including the CQI Community of Practice (program leads from the first CQI cohort), a CQI Working Group (funder and program representatives), and the CQI Implementation Team, while collaborating with additional stakeholders as needed
- Hire, on-board, and manage Ready Ready CQI team members, which could include employees and/or contractors
- Maintain and develop relationships with CQI cohort program members, staff of other Guilford County programs, funders, and other Initiative stakeholders
- Works with the CEO and Finance Manager to develop and manage annual budgets for CQI work
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant, progressively responsible leadership experience in early childhood, education, public health, or related human service fields required (early childhood and/or education experience preferred)
- Working knowledge and experience in quality improvement; experience with methodologies such as Model for Improvement, Lean, or Six Sigma is a plus
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate, with the interpersonal skills necessary for working well with diverse people within the organization and in the community
- Knowledge of Guilford County nonprofit and public sectors a plus
- Experience with hiring staff, including contract staff
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to a range of audiences
- Ability to develop, deliver, manage, and prioritize long- and short-term strategies while maintaining a high attention to detail, accuracy, and overall quality of work products
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple work streams and teams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and web-based applications
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Ready for School, Ready for Life offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
This position is located in Guilford County, NC (High Point/Greensboro metro area).
Please complete an application here by June 12th. Note: Director of CQI in the “Job Reference” section of the application.
Ready for School, Ready for Life celebrates, supports and thrives on difference with the understanding that it benefits our team and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all can flourish. Learn more about our work at www.GetReadyGuilford.org.