FAMILY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Family Engagement Coordinator is responsible for engaging families of young children, prenatal to age 8 throughout Guilford County to ensure family voice is consistently and intentionally represented in all Ready for School, Ready for Life and Get Ready Guilford Initiative work. In this role, the Family Engagement Coordinator will convene the Guilford Parent Leader Network to co-design and implement a plan with families that reflects GRGI values and creates opportunities for families to share their perspectives, engage in the design of solutions, and foster family capacity to become change agents for their children. The Family Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director of Engagement and Literacy Initiatives.
The Coordinator will:
- Maintain a strong knowledge of applicable early child development and family engagement strategies.
- Possess strong written communication skills to prepare program documentation.
- Possess oral communication skills to communicate with families and team members in a manner that encourages trust and respectful, ongoing two-way communication.
- Have the ability to incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
- Provide sound judgment in the protection of confidential information.
- Have the ability to organize and prioritize duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Be adept at working independently.
- Collaborate with program staff and community partners to develop and implement family engagement strategies, including individual activities and special events.
- Develop innovative two-generation approaches that address prevalent needs of families that leverage community partnerships or other funding sources.
- Implement intake and family assessment procedures to identify family strengths and needs related to the family engagement outcomes as described in the Center for the Study of Social Policy’s (CSSP) Community Engagement Framework, including family well-being, parent-child relationships, families as lifelong educators, families as learners, family engagement in transitions, family connections to peers and the local community, and families as advocates and leaders.
- Develop trainings for the Guilford Parent Leadership Network in accordance with the CSSP family engagement framework
- Attend CSSP and other relevant conferences and trainings with local family leaders
- Establish and implement a family partnership agreement process that is jointly developed and shared with parents in which staff and families review individual progress, revise goals, evaluate and track whether identified needs and goals are met, and adjust strategies on an ongoing basis, as necessary.
- Conduct family engagement leadership convenings to ensure that all families have the opportunity to share personal information in an environment in which they feel safe.
- Implement procedures for education and family support staff to share information with each other to ensure coordinated family engagement strategies with children and families in the classroom, home, and community.
- Promote opportunities for parents to participate in advocacy, parenting and professional skills development.
- Support development of community and program assessments, grant applications, budgets, and required reports in accordance with Get Ready Guilford Initiatives timelines and criteria for composition.
- Serve as a staff liaison with the Equity Strategies Board Committee
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited university in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field.
- Education, training, and/or experience related to the following:
- Working with families.
- Communication and ability to relate to diverse groups and perspectives.
- Working with groups of service providers, participating in briefings and brainstorming sessions, and state/regional/national provider meetings.
- Early childhood development
- Ability to work as a member of a team to support both organization goals and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills (both internally and externally)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and pass a criminal and driving background check.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Case management experience
- Guilford Parent Leader facilitation and mediation skills
Compensation & Benefits
Ready for School, Ready for Life offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits.
Please complete an application on our website by July 31st at https://www.getreadyguilford.org/get-involved/job-opportunities/