NETWORK DATA AND SYSTEMS SPECIALIST:
Ready for School, Ready for Life (Ready Ready) is a collaborative effort to build a connected, innovative system of care for Guilford County’s youngest children and their families. Our focus is ensuring all children in Guilford County and their families get the resources they need for healthy development. We want every child born in Guilford County from 2022 and beyond to enter kindergarten developmentally on track in five key areas:
- Language and communication
- Approaches to play and learning
Family voice informs our work, and we share our learning with residents and community stakeholders. We also work with more than 100 community partners in Guilford County and North Carolina to create this system of care. As a backbone organization, our goal is population-level change.
The Network Data and Systems Specialist is responsible for translating programmatic processes into technological processes, collaborating with the technical team on the design and maintenance of the system, managing database reporting functions, monitoring accuracy of all database resource information, tracking referral challenges, and training and supporting users of the resource database and Community Portal. The Data and Systems Specialist ensures common data types and taxonomy are aligned and meet the needs of Navigation prenatal – 8. This position is directly responsible for monitoring referral patterns, tracking referral challenges, and leveraging data to address service gaps.
Evidence-Based Program Support
- Generate reports and dashboards
- Serve as liaison to Evidence Based Programs support requests to improve system design
- Manage system requests from all Evidence Based Programs (EBP’s) on new programs to add to resource database and share resource requests with Community Engagement Specialist for strategic program recruitment
- Convene EBPs to understand referral needs to update service types and matrix taxonomy as needed
- Creates and manages forms, charts, maps, dashboards, or other visualizations to communicate data effectively to present identified gaps and other resource information
- Manages resource database technology processes to support EBP program needs for Community Portal expansion and Salesforce design; including, but not limited to, importing program updates and developing systems for tracking referral challenges.
- Track and Manage EBP resource requests, issues, or challenges submitted via Salesforce
- Creating roadmaps for EBPs to efficiently utilize the systems created
- Train obstetrician/pediatric partners to utilize resource database
- Develop and implement EBP trainings and help materials on data processes
- Represent Ready Ready and Community Alignment at various community collaboratives and internal meetings to inform resource and referral technology design
- Review data and reports regularly to monitor Community Alignment trends; including but not limited to, reports for resource needs, program engagement and recruitment, gaps in services, and EBP referral challenges.
- Work with the IDS team to develop robust management systems and tools to ensure streamlined referral process, timely feedback from community partners, and effective reports
- Oversee data platform design (Salesforce) that displays referral information for internal staff and Evidence Based Programs as well as Community Portal for external partners and families
- Manage resource database technology-related program data collection processes including collection tools, the editing process, and convert into database fields
- Work closely with the technology department to ensure Community Alignment design needs are met and improvements are made as needed
- Review network data to assess service gaps and identify organizations that could fill those gaps
- Develop and utilize content formatting and standardization rules, resource updating processes, other database policies, and training materials.
- Utilize Salesforce data to inform process for addressing gap in services and provide recommendations to management
- Support the roll-out of new functionality and services by advising on design and implementation, as needed
- Provide feedback to Coastal Cloud on training, onboarding and technology features. Advocate for updates and changes based on partner feedback
- Create monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports for internal and external audiences, including performance data and other key metrics
- Bridge the gap between IT and the Evidence-Based programs to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to the Network Director
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood development, public policy, or a related field such as social work, public health, public administration, business, communication.
- Two or more years of experience working on community-based projects with multiple team members.
- Knowledge of the early childhood, education and/or health care systems is desirable.
- Prior project/program management experience is highly desirable.
- A commitment to Ready for School, Ready for Life’s Values and Principles.
- Supports the Ready ReadyEquity Statement and commits to implementation of the Equity Strategy Plan (to be completed spring 2022).
- Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Strong organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft desktop programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and pass a criminal and driving background check.