Mission / Vision / Goals
Ready for School, Ready for Life is a collaborative effort to build a connected, innovative system of care for Guilford County’s youngest children and their families.
Every child in Guilford County born in 2021 and beyond will enter kindergarten developmentally on track in five key areas:
• Physical development
• Language and communication
• Social-emotional development
• Cognitive development
• Approaches to play and learning
The system of care will support families and children at every stage, starting with prenatal care and continuing through school entry.
To achieve this goal, our community is transforming the early childhood system to achieve three key areas:
• Planned and well-timed pregnancies
• Healthy births
• Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers developmentally on track
Over time, this will continue to expand to kindergarten entry and reading on grade level by third-grade.