DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Marketing and Communications will join a talented committed team working in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding and evolving environment that will require the ability to develop and apply strategic vision while completing the necessary daily tasks for maintenance and growth. Reporting to and partnering with the CEO, the Director will be a leader within and outside of the organization, regularly interfacing with families served by the initiative, board members, funders, and organizational partners. The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of the organization’s communication strategies, including internal and external digital marketing and public relations activities. The successful candidate must have the ability to analyze and synthesize a complex initiative and express its intent and value in a straightforward way to a broad array of audiences.
Strategy & Management
Serving as a member of the Leadership Team and in partnership with the CEO:
- Lead communications and marketing planning and implementation, adhering to approved goals and brands.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Director’s Communications Sub-Committee and the organization’s Public Will-Building Committee.
- Work closely with program staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals ensuring that all communications are culturally competent, reaching and resonating with a variety of diverse audiences.
- Identify, develop and provide training to board and staff members and community advocates on organizational messaging and, in some cases, the use of technology.
- Ensure evaluation systems are in place to measure impact and routinely report progress to the CEO and Board of Directors and external stakeholders in an easy-to-digest manner.
- Ensure the appropriate tools and resources are in place to properly support the successful implementation of the communications strategy, including managing vendor relationships.
- Work with the CEO and Finance Manager to develop annual budgets for communications and marketing.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications and marketing plan that includes website, social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and communications and marketing strategy are infused into all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, and funder/donor cultivation.
Content Strategy & Implementation
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, annual reports, brochures, presentations, newsletters, and reports.
- Lead the strategy and implementation for Ready Ready’s website, social media and email channels that lead to measurable action.
Press & Public Relations
- Identify trends and monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for Ready Ready to engage in the national conversation on early childhood development and systems change.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests. Develop and maintain partnerships with members of the media.
- Bachelor’s degree required with advanced degree preferred in the areas of communications and marketing or related field (e.g. communications, marketing, business administration, management, advertising, or journalism).
- At least five to eight years of professional experience that includes leading communications, marketing, social media and public relations activities in a high-growth organization.
- Experience utilizing Search Engine Optimization and digital tools.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, strong knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record in developing and executing marketing campaigns, communications and public relations activities.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral and publications, and, experience developing and implementing successful digital marketing strategies.
- Proven track record in developing a broad spectrum of proactive media relations campaigns and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and excellent people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Some early childhood development and/or education experience preferred.
- A passion for children and families and the organization’s mission.
- Flexibility and the ability to be a self-starter; able to manage multiple projects while maintaining quality.
- Creative, strategic, and analytical.
- Adaptive, able to pivot when needed and to thrive in a fast-paced evolving organization.
- Enthusiastic while able to keep mission and vision in the forefront amid the design and implementation of multiple projects.
- Able to genuinely connect with people of varying backgrounds and experiences.
Salary and benefits information will be shared with highly qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
To apply, upload a cover letter, resume, and references by June 12, 2020 to www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. Email email@example.com in the case of technical problems. No phone calls, please and no applications will be accepted by email or third-party sites.
Ready Ready is an Equal Opportunity Employer.